Turn your face to the sun...

We're all looking for something. There are times we are in search of a thing, times when we are in search of an answer, times when we're searching for peace and, dare I say, love.
To find it, you have to open your eyes and look beyond the clouds, find the Blue sky.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

poetry of motion, while I'm in motion


I left at dawn
Pulled up anchor on my trusting boat
Pushed away from the uncertainty of that old dock
Unforgiving, splintered, uneven, broken
I set my course headed for the rising sun
My world is not flat
Distance and perspective can be hard to judge
My destination hidden far beyond the horizon
For days my boat tossed in the waves
I wasn’t sad when the old mooring vanished
Alone I was between points on a map
Unchartered, uncertain, open water
They begged me not to go
There was no stopping me
Water, water everywhere
I turned my gaze to Heaven
The stars as my beacons
They would not lead me astray
Nights of stars, nights of bleak blackness
Nights of longing
Nights of rain
At last a new morning dawned
There beyond the waves and clouds
In the farthest reaches of the horizon
I saw my safe harbor waiting
No longer lost between two points
I put one forever behind me
Never looked back
Under full sail my boat carried me home




No comments:

Post a Comment