Turn your face to the sun...

We're all looking for something. There are times we are in search of a thing, times when we are in search of an answer, times when we're searching for peace and, dare I say, love.
To find it, you have to open your eyes and look beyond the clouds, find the Blue sky.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Some poetry, and a little sap you might think...

 Peace
In the quiet
Just the rain on the roof
Children dreaming across the hall
Safe, loved
I’m not afraid of the dark
Not afraid of anything
Secure in knowing I am capable
My shoulders strong
My chest filled with life
My heart filled with love
My head clear, a decision made
I raise my face to Heaven
Close my eyes and pray
Keep me safe, loved

compatible beyond understanding
never thought it could exist
didn’t believe in  soul connections
stayed for too long trying to acquiesce
jaded, afraid, disbelieving
the seasons change and suddenly
life comes pouring back in
a deluge of rain pouring down
all that remained was the illusion
the April sun changed all that
the unmistakable smell of spring
promising, fresh and new
light reflecting through the new leaves
the ease of falling into his arms
you close your eyes and start to believe
faith in a connection
believing in another soul
no more rain

Silent secrets, the understanding in your eyes
So many words we can’t say out loud
But every last one totally understood
A sigh that speaks volumes
A kiss that tells the story of a life not yet lived
All of these words to say
The ones we want to sing
You hear me before I speak
You understand before I express my heart, my grief
You know, you’ve known, you knew
Yet many years have passed without words written
I have cried them, I have shouted, words like cold rain
I said them so simply, emptied my heart
All that time never heard
Imagine my shock when you read my sad face
My whole story unfolding before I began
Days into decades, lost time, broken dreams
I want to be heard, listen you’ll see
Listen to my voice, hear my heart speak
We’re whispering at night
About dreams and strong voices
Silent secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment