Turn your face to the sun...

We're all looking for something. There are times we are in search of a thing, times when we are in search of an answer, times when we're searching for peace and, dare I say, love.
To find it, you have to open your eyes and look beyond the clouds, find the Blue sky.

Friday, October 15, 2010

up on the roof

On the roof cloudy sky
My barefeet cold on the shingles
The wind picked up, autumn at last
I wrapped my eyes around my knees
Closed my eyes, felt your arms around my shoulders
“I’ve got you, I’m here, you’re safe”
That comfort, your strength, our faith
The roof wasn’t so high
The ground below somehow closer
Tomorrow a few hours away
I stretched out my arms
The wind fresh on my skin through my shirt
There you were, it was no longer dark
My heart, my head,  my feet on the shingles
I knew I could jump, take the leap of faith
You would be there
Arms open, ready to catch me
I am not afraid, brave of heart


Thanks Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment