Turn your face to the sun...

We're all looking for something. There are times we are in search of a thing, times when we are in search of an answer, times when we're searching for peace and, dare I say, love.
To find it, you have to open your eyes and look beyond the clouds, find the Blue sky.

Friday, October 22, 2010

wedding crashers

My sister is getting married tomorrow. Round three. Good for her. She's amassed more carats in her search for Mr Right than most small town jewelry stores will ever stock in their cases. Diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, combinations thereof... it's all very impressive and, frankly, very sad. But that's not what this post is about. Like my fabulous college friend recently said, it's all about me. Haha.

Right. So today I went and got the brows waxed, nails done, yada yada. thinking about getting the 'do done, but not sure yet. Then tonight (after me and the munchkins made chocolate chip cookies and went on a ice cream run) the phone rang. I cringe when I see one of five things on my blackberry screen: the little ones' school, the big one's school, either of my two brothers, or my dad (stbe doesn't rock my boat anymore. i just hit ignore). It was dad. Hip hip hooray.

me: Hiya, Daddy. How are you?
no answer

him: How are the children?

me: ooh fine just great we just had warm cookies and ice cream

him: I'd appreciate it if stbe is at the wedding tomorrow

me: excuse me?

him: what don't you understand? Is that a problem, if i invite him?

me: well  it kinda is a problem, you know, seeing as we're getting a divorce and he's currently seeking a lump sum payout to the tune of mid-high six figures.

him: well, he's not in his country (!) and afterall, he is part of my family (!) and so long he is in my country (!), he's like my son. So, I want him there.

me: I'm really sorry, but do you have any idea about how I'm going to feel?

him: well, no one understands you, no one supports what you're doing, so understanding you and your feelings, I'm not gonna try to understand you.

So, there you go. So much for the brow wax.

Why must my own father be so insensitive and why, after all the stbe has shown of himself, is he so enamored? Maybe they should get married. Another friend suggested that stbe be my dad's personal assistant.

So I ask, now what?
I'm hoping that stbe realizes that showing up make him look like even more of a fool and an ass. But behaving like a man isn't something he does well.

Please, readers... insight, advice, potions or spells, whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, really? Whether or not stbe goes to the wedding...this is screwed up. What the hell is wrong with your father? Can I call him and remind him that he never really liked stbe in the first place? Or maybe I should tell him what stbe has said about him and his family all these years. That would end all of this "like a son to me" crap.

    ReplyDelete